Thursday, August 11, 2011

Footwear




So these are about the only things that fit on my swollen, puffy feet. Don't get me wrong, when my feet aren't swollen, flip-flops are still my go-to choice for footwear. Maybe its the heat, the convenience, the comfort, or a combination of all three. Fortunately, my job doesn't require dressy clothing, so these work just fine, and I can sneak them off under my desk and wiggle my toes. Also, our church is pretty casual, so I can usually get away with these. My dilemma is this: my sweet, awesome sister is driving all the way to Florida from Washington D.C. to throw me my first baby shower this weekend, and I don't know what to wear on my feet!!

I'm wearing a dress, but it's fairly casual, and its a maxi-dress, so its long. Will my flops pass the test for this special occasion? Will people understand that my puffy feet will NOT fit in anything else, anything cutesy and more appropriate? At this point, should it even matter??

I think I will not worry about my shoes. I think I will enjoy my baby shower, getting to spend time with friends and family, and celebrating the upcoming arrival of my baby girl. I'm a Florida girl, the forecast for Saturday is 100 degrees, and flip-flops just fit, no matter the occasion.


No comments:

Post a Comment