Monday, April 30, 2012

8 months....

Is a REALLY long time to not write a blog post! SO MUCH has happened in the last 8 months, some great, some not so great, but regardless, the 'ole blog got put on the back burner. It's time to get back at it, and without skipping over the last 2/3 of a year, I'm going to randomly post catch-up posts.
  • October, 2011--the first three weeks were spent preparing for the arrival of our baby girl. I had to have a few non-stress test's done to make sure she was still good in there. My sister and her family came to help welcome Baby Girl, and once they arrived, we waited, and waited, and waited until, finally....
  • October 20, 2011--Emery Rae McKenzie is born! I will post her birth story soon.
  • November, 2011--I went back to work (already!), Emery's First Thanksgiving, and I had surgery for a umbilical hernia (belly button), and went back to work, again.
  • December, 2011--Emery's First Christmas, where she was given her first gun, a pink .22 rifle, thanks to her daddy.
  • January, 2011--Time to get back to the house-hunting...ready for our own home! Until....
  • January 11, 2011--I get a phone call at work, not long after I got there. Wade's boss tells me there's been an explosion at work, and they are taking him by ambulance to the emergency room. I'm told to meet them there, and Wade gets on the phone to assure me he's alive. More details to come.
  • February, 2011--Still working on finding our new normal in many ways, with a fairly new baby, an injured daddy, and a full-time working mama/wife/nurse.
  • March, 2011--Weekend getaway to Destin as a family of 3, and Emery's first beach trip to St. George Island.
  • April, 2011--Emery's First Easter, and first time flying, as me and Em went to Washington, D.C. to visit my sister.
I think that about catches us up. Will write more on some of these events.

1 comment:

  1. So glad you are back! Looking forward to the extended versions of your catch up posts!

    ReplyDelete