Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Our kids

In a previous post, I mentioned that I wanted to sponsor a child through Compassion International. It was something that I had been wanting to do for a while, and I just never did.

Well, I did. We did it. Wade decided he wanted to sponsor a child also, so together we picked out 2 children. He picked a girl (what a surprise...he told me "i'm a girl kinda guy") so I chose a little boy.

Meet Elizabeth, age 10, from the Phillipines.



And meet Ralph, age 5, also from the Phillipines.



Aren't they beautiful? They are not siblings. In fact, they are not even part of the same Compassion program in the Phillipines. What they do have in common is a need. Beyond the physical needs they have of food, clean water, medical care, & shelter they have a greater need. They need to hear about Jesus. They need to know that they matter to God. They need a friend and they need to know that someone loves them and is praying for them. Wade & I are those "someone's". We have already began praying for Elizabeth & Ralph. We can't wait to send them letters & cards encouraging them, loving on them, and giving them hope.


No comments:

Post a Comment