Friday, August 21, 2009

One year...

...since I said good-bye. I thought it would get easier, but it hasn't. Maybe it will. I wonder how long it takes for it to get easier. One year, but it seems like just yesterday. August 21st will be a day I'll never forget, but not for reasons we like to remember dates. Birthdays, anniversaries, special events, big plans. Those are dates that we remember with ease, with smiles. The other ones we don't forget, marking the end of life, at least here on this earth, are stained with tears. Tears, not for what he lost, but selfish tears, for what I lost, what I miss. Tears of relief, because he suffers no more. Tears of jealousy, because he is celebrating and I am hurting and sad. Tears of joy because so much of him is in who I am.

I miss my dad so much! I think about him all the time, and remember his funny, quirky ways. I am so thankful for the years we had with him, for the memories we made, and for the people he touched. And through my sadness, I rejoice, for he is celebrating with the King for eternity!

I am the resurrection and the life. He who believes in me will live, even though he dies; and whoever lives and believes in me will never die. John 11:25-26




See ya soon, Dad!!

No comments:

Post a Comment