Saturday, September 12, 2009

Saturday Morning Treasures

We've been back at it the last couple of weeks, but I haven't blogged about my treasure hunting because nothing has really been that great. Today though, we had a pretty good day! And for Wade especially, finding good deals means having more fun. We had fun.

We started at a huge neighborhood sale that has been advertised for a "ritzy" neighborhood here in town. It's a neighborhood that was developed much like Celebration, owned by Disney, in Central Florida. Pricey homes, picture perfect yards, and their own "town square". Needless to say, we thought maybe we would find some deals. Everything was so overpriced!! And NO ONE was willing to deal, so rather than wasting more time there, we headed on without purchasing anything.

We moved on to some of our favorite neighborhoods for yard-saling and had a great time!

I've been needing some new lamps, sinced Wade broke one of ours in the living room recently (broke, as in shattered, into LOTS of little pieces). At an estate sale, I found these cute lamps with the shades, and they look practically brand new! They wanted $5 a piece, but I didn't want to pay that much. I walked away with my new lamps, both for $6!



I'm also working on collecting black frames of various sizes so I can do a photo wall like Raechel at Finding My Feet. I found these! The one larger frame, with a white matte and glass, was $1. The other two square frames are actually mirrors, and they came 4 to the set for only $2. I thought it would be neat to arrange some of the mirror ones mixed in with photographs.



I've also been looking for small, stick style vacuum, but they are SO expensive in the stores. I came across this little "broom vac" from Dirt Devil. It looks almost new, very clean, and had a price tag of $10. Wade asked them if they would take less, and they took $5!! Yay!



I added 2 new bears to my Cherished Teddy collection, and one adorable glass snowman on skates to my snowman collection. 50 cents each!



And last, my favorite. Just yesterday, something reminded me of Super Mario Brothers, and I thought about how fun it would be to play that video game again. Well, after we left the ritzy neighborhood and headed to "Old Faithful", our first stop had a box with a Nintendo Entertainment Center!! Old school! Complete with Super Mario Brothers, Duck Hunt, and Tetris. All for $2! I'll take it. Thank you.



We did have a few other things that we found, but it started raining while I was taking my pictures. Wade found another Igloo cooler (because you can never have too many, right?) and a few other things. Overall, we both voted today a success. Can't wait till next time!

1 comment:

  1. i love all your great finds trish! and i can't wait to see what you find today... :)

    ReplyDelete