Sunday, May 30, 2010

No Potato Famine Around Here

In our spring garden this year, Wade decided to give potatoes a try. We had never grown potatoes before so we weren't sure how they would do. The plants seemed to be doing well, but we had no idea what was going on "underground", where the real magic happens. Friday, Wade decided it was time to see.


We were so impressed with how many potatoes we grew!

The happy farmer with his harvest.

We also were able to pick some squash, zucchini, cucumbers, jalapenos, and chili peppers.

We have more that will be ready soon, including lots of tomatoes and more peppers!

I'm SO glad my husband likes to garden...if it were up to me, we would probably starve. Let's just say my thumb is NOT green. I do love fresh veggies though. Now, to cook them. :)


4 comments:

  1. I got a ton of peppers off our plants today. Now I'm ready to start making this years homemade pepper sauce! I've never tried potatoes. Maybe next year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wade LOVES to make his own pepper sauce. I don't usually eat it, but I'm sure it's good. We started using neat looking wine bottles for it, so at least it looks pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love fresh veggies! I'm so jealous... I can't grow anything. :) Except for jasmine... that I planted years ago and never do anything to and yet it seems to do ok on its own. With everything else, though, I have a brown thumb!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How fun that you grew your own potatoes! We had a garden when I was younger, but I don't think we ever had potatoes. I bet my boys would love digging through the dirt to get those out:) I'm stopping by from New Friend Friday!

    ReplyDelete