Monday, July 27, 2009

Weekend in Review

My mom's birthday was this past Friday, and back a couple of months ago, she told me she wanted to go to Disney World. (Yes, she is grown...55 years old, as a matter of fact.) My wonderful husband gave me permission to go, so Mom & I decided to make a weekend of it. We got a SWEET room for $39 a night, thanks to my bro-in-law J.



Friday, we stood in line for 40 minutes to ride Dumbo. I'm dead serious. That's what she wanted. That's what we did. Yes, I'm still talking about my 55 year old mother. We also rode Splash Mountain, Big Thunder Mountain, Pirates of the Caribbean, and of course, the thrilling Indy Cars. Talk about exciting!! Now, I've always been a big fan of the Magic Kingdom, but I have to admit that this past weekend pretty much took care of me & MK for a while. I was ready to go by 7 p.m. and we left at 11. I know, I know...what a party pooper. Mom got her way...we stayed until it was ALL over!



The next morning we ventured to SeaWorld's new water park, Aquatica. Wow. SO. MANY. PEOPLE. It was insane. The park was pretty cool. Way better than Wet n' Wild. But did I mention that there was a lot of people there? Didn't ride all the rides, but the Lazy River & Wave Pool definitely got my vote. And the little dolphins that look like Shamu are pretty cool. Well done, SeaWorld. Other than being way too crowded and all.



Saturday night, we decided to go out for a nice dinner. I've heard about this place before but never been, so we decided to go for it. A. MA. ZING. Texas de Brazil is my new favorite, and the nice thing about it, you don't have to eat again for a week! Totally worth the money.
And look what else God gave Mom for her birthday.



So, I think Mom had a great birthday weekend, and I had a pretty good time myself, and it wasn't even my birthday!

No comments:

Post a Comment