Friday, June 11, 2010

Five Question Friday



                           The Girl Creative

I'm participating in Mama M's Five Question Friday again, and I welcome any new blog friends from The Girl Creative's New Friend Friday. Glad you've decided to visit!

1. What do you think makes a good friend, or friendship? 
I think the sign of a good friend is someone that you can completely be yourself with, without fear of being judged. Someone that regardless of how silly, crumby, selfish, honest, & raw you are with them, they still love you at the end of the day.

2. What is the last thing you bought & later regretted?
I'm not much of a impulse shopper, so my purchases are usually well-thought out and mulled over before I ever let go of the cash. Rarely do I regret buying something...this is not to say I don't often "return" when I change my mind, usually about clothes. I would much rather go home and try on clothes than stand in line for dressing room.

3. Have you ever had a prank played on you? 
Yes. A few years ago, some friends of mine "forked" me. I woke up and walked outside to go to work, only to find HUNDREDS of white plastic forks stuck in the grass of my front yard! Then, as I walked to my truck, I also noticed they shoe-polished white forks all over the windows. Since I had to leave for work, I didn't have time to wash the shoe polish off, and all day I was afraid the "fork" would be mistaken for the pitchfork gang symbol of the Gangster Disciples, and feared for my life (for "misrepresenting" the gang) for the remainder of the day. Don't ask me how I know gang symbols. Long story.

4. What is your favorite theme park?
Umm....The Holy Land Experience, Orlando, Florida. Just kidding...I've never even been there, but I was there when the same property was called Splendid China. Ok, my favorite theme park is probably Disney World: The Magic Kingdom. Growing up an hour away, I've been so many times that I lost count, but it is still "magical" to me. I love the familiarity of the rides and park. Now that I'm older, I find it a little more challenging to put up with the crowds and long lines, but it still the most "magical place on earth."

5. Have you ever seen someone else give birth?
Yes, twice. My sister gave me the honor to be present for the birth of both my nephew Quinn and my niece Madigan. Talk about magical! The greatest miracle ever...new life!

Have a nice weekend!


5 comments:

  1. You have a very informative page!!! I am visiting from New Friend Friday at The Girl Creative. Thank you for linking up!!! Keep up the great work on your blog and I hope you have a good weekend!!!
    http://finerthingsinlife-micah.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I said the same thing about Disneyworld in my blog post! LOL

    Hope you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Friday to you from Malaysia! (Darn it! It's already Saturday here!)

    Love your answer on the prank thing... :P!

    Hop on over to check out mine at I'm a full-time mummy (Five Question Friday #10)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hahaha! I didn't know people still "forked". We did that when I was in high school. Too funny!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stopping by to thank you for visiting my blog today. I am returning the follow! Have a terrific weekend.

    ReplyDelete