Saturday, October 3, 2009

Maddie's New Wardrobe: A Preview

So after the long-awaited news on the gender of my sister's second little one, due in February, I FINALLY got to go shopping! For dresses, at that! My neice, Madigan Ruth, will be well outfitted by the time she arrives, thanks to her favorite Auntie.

This weekend, a couple of local ladies organized the One Week Boutique. It happens twice a year and is HUGE. Needless to say, this was my first stop after work on Friday. I behaved myself, put many adorable things back, and left with a dress, 2 little tops, and a pair of shoes for Maddie.



Today, our real adventure began. Although Wade & I go yard-saling just about every weekend, rarely do we have days as good as today! One county over from us was hosting a county-wide yard sale, all along Hwy. 98 (the coastal highway). We got up early, as usual, and were ready to go before anyone was even set up! Wade hit the jackpot, with all kinds of treasures he just can't live without. Did you know you can NEVER have too many fishing rods? Or chainsaws? His favorite find for the day was a bird (house) mansion for the front yard. He's already set it up and he can't wait for the purple martins to start nesting after winter. I didn't take a picture of Wade's birdhouse...I'll have to add one later.

I found a few little things, but I'm not even going to mention them. As you can see by the title of this blog post, my goal today was baby girl clothes...and I hit the jackpot! Beautiful dresses, beautiful dresses with matching bloomers, adorable outfits, even a swimsuit....I LOVE SHOPPING FOR BABIES, and especially baby girls! All in all I spent $5.00 today on clothes/shoes, seen here...













and my tuck & run find for the day, for only $2.00, a nearly new Hooter Hider nursing cover.



Barbie is so excited, and I'm sure Maddie will be pleased, as well.

And last, the only other reason I enjoy getting up early...beautiful sunrises. This was ours this morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment