Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Where is my Fall?



Dear Tallahassee,

You are a nice, little city. I'm proud to have called you home for nearly 12 years now, and although you have changed and grown quite a bit over that time, I'm still relatively happy with you. However, there is something we need to discuss.

I think you are confused. You see, the month of October is nearly over. We have only 3 days left, and then we will be into November. Most of the rest of this hemisphere has transitioned to the Fall season. You know...cooler weather, less stifling humidity, less muggy rain, better hair days. Sweater weather...you do remember that from last year, right? Well, I think you may be a bit confused, my dear little hometown, because you are still giving me daily high temperatures of 86 degrees. You are still kindly providing me with "warm & muggy" as the forecast. Oh yes, and thanks for the inch of rain we recieved yesterday (with no temperature change). My hair remains "poofy". And nice Mr. Weatherman's advice? "Get used to it". Thanks.

So, dear old Tally, could you help a girl out? Could you give us some relief here in the Capital? I would like to NOT wear a tank top & shorts to a hayride, please.

I will be eagerly awaiting your reply...SOON.

Sincerely,

Anxious for Autumn

No comments:

Post a Comment