Monday, October 12, 2009

Seminole Tears





I love college football. I love that I understand the game. I love that although there are rumored "perks" for the players, for the most part, they are not paid to play the game. They play because they love it. And I love my Seminoles. I love hearing the marching band play the fight song. I love seeing 80,000 fans all doing the Seminole Chop together.



I love hearing Gene Deckerhoff announce the game on the radio. I think the colors Garnet & Gold are lovely together. I love being amidst other hardcore fans, cheering on Bobby & the boys alongside me.



I love watching Chief Osceola ride out on his horse Renegade to throw the flaming spear, just before a home game starts.



But....

Lately, it's been hard to be Seminole. So hard that it hurts. Now I know that all teams have their "seasons" and I also know that football is not all that important in the grand scheme of things. It sure is fun to have something/someone to cheer on...to be a part of something grand. To say we are having a rough season is a bit of an understatement. I said the other night after watching the game "sometimes my heart can't take Seminole football". I get so involved in the game! At this point in the season, our record is 2-4. Two wins. Four losses. Ouch. Our boys try hard. They just can't seem to get ALL of the pieces together at the same time.





Have I mentioned that sometimes it's hard to be Seminole (especially when you are married to a Florida Gator fan...what? I didn't mention that?)? This is on the front of our truck.



Needless to say, our season has left us with much to be desired. There's always next year, right? We may not have the same quarterback, defensive line, or wide recievers as we did just 10 years ago, in our "glory days", but we have the same coach,



the same stadium,



and the same spirit of unity...



So, as hard as it is sometimes....I bleed Garnet & Gold. I.am.a.SEMINOLE.

1 comment:

  1. oooohh man. i feeeel your pain!! it's been hard being a seminole lately.....i was just so happy we were able to represent out here in utah. i would have never heard the end of it! lol

    ReplyDelete